Since relocating from Southern California to the Desert lifestyle of Mesa, Arizona, I have been on a continuous crusade to find the Best Healthy Restaurants in Mesa, Arizona. Its been a challenge trying to find the best healthy restaurants in Mesa, Arizona, but with desire and determination, I have finally come up with my top four picks for healthy dining in Mesa, Arizona. My selection is based on strict criteria. The four chosen restaurants all are highly rated on social media review sites such as Yelp.com, Happycow.net as well as my own personal criteria for clean healthy organic nutrition. Of the four selected restaurants, some are pure vegan, lacto-ovo vegetarian and gluten free, One restaurant also offers grass fed GMO free beef, chicken, and turkey for those who are hard core Paleo consumers. Best of all, these four restaurants serve delicious foods, and have been given multiple rave reviews!
- The Cutting Board – The Cutting Board is a cozy, clean establishment. The atmosphere is inviting and their choice of music is Indie and modern. The food is anything but a greasy spoon and consistently renders a WOW factor. You won’t find two or four legged food products on your plate, but rather cleverly designed substitutes that really mimic the flavors of chicken, bacon or fish. My favorite meal is their BLT wrap which is delightful. They season and sauté coconut strips to taste like real bacon. I was shocked at first bite. Their menu is extensive serving Breakfast also on weekends. In addition they offer daily specials. If you go on Saturdays you will be privy to a live band or comedy show. For directions and times go to Cuttingboardcafe
- Iss Magic Mixes and The Oatmeal Cafe – This is a family owned company and restaurant who has created blood sugar and heart healthy food. You won’t find two or four legged creatures on your plate here either. The owner is a certified nutritionist and fitness trainer. Yes, this establishment also specializes in oatmeal mixes of different varieties. You can purchase the mixes online or in the local store. At the Oatmeal Cafe’ you will find personal pizzas which are organic, wheat free and vegan. They also make yummy vegan burger patties such as the Goombah, Greek Vegan, Mexicali and Hill Billy BBQ. The Oatmeal Cafe is purely a Breakfast and Lunch establishment and closes at 2:30PM for more information or to view their menu go to Oatmealcafe
- Cafe 8 – Resembles a cozy European Bistro.This restaurant specializes in wholesome food made fresh daily only from the highest quality ingredients. The menu is eclectic, ranging from gluten free oatmeal and bagels, to Niman Ranch sustainable agriculture, cage free eggs and hormone antibiotic free beef, chicken and turkey. Their menu is amazingly diversified and offers healthy food alternatives for both vegans and omnivores. Its worth a visit and I’m sure you’ll love the food. For more information or to view the menu go to Cafe8.
- Mad Greens – Mad Greens offers sixteen salad styles, three varieties of wraps and five pannini styles to please most any palate. Although they are a franchise in Arizona, Utah and Colorado they provide a healthier choice of eating at a really affordable price. Mad Greens obtains their produce from local farmers which is good for the customer and local economy. Most of their salads complete with dressings average 500 calories for a large bowl. If salad is not enough, I recommend the hummus trio plate which is quite tasty and adds another 129 calories to your daily intake. For more menu information on Mad Greens go to Madgreens
Mesa Arizona severely lacks the density of high quality of healthy restaurants that Southern California bares. However, I’m sure healthier restaurants present when the local population demands better choices of food in their diet. My list for best healthy restaurants in Mesa Arizona is a great place to start, and offers healthy palatable food choices for everyone. So instead of patronizing the toxic foods dumps of Pigglys or Tom’s Barbecue check out one of the four listed best healthy restaurants in Mesa Arizona and live longer!
Rivak Hoffman is the Owner of Every Bit Fit Arizona LLC. He is a certified personal trainer and nutritionist with over 18 years in the fitness industry. For more information about Rivak and his company Every Bit Fit Arizona, go to EverybitAZ
Latest posts by Rivak Hoffman (see all)
- Scottsdale Arizona Personal Trainer – Creative Solutions To Improve Overall Health. - January 1, 2019
- Rotator Cuff Injury And Self Management Strategies To Do At Home - December 27, 2018
- Scottsdale Arizona Personal Trainer Discusses Post Holiday Fat Attack Strategies - December 26, 2018