Medical Exercise Training to cure high blood pressure is the prescription of choice by leading physicians worldwide. It is preferred over prescription drugs as a first line of defense in treating hypertension. Medical Exercise Training to prevent high blood pressure is a safe and holistic approach to improve cardiovascular health and promote longevity.
Properly designed Medical Exercise prescription can strengthen the heart which is composed of cardiac muscle. When the heart gets stronger more blood is efficiently pumped throughout the circulatory loop of the human body. In turn a stronger heart can pump more blood with much less effort. If your heart can work more efficiently with less exertion the force on the arteries decreases and the blood pressure drops.
Research has shown that you can lower your Systolic blood pressure as much as 10 mm Hg. Doctors have cited that is as good as some blood pressure medications. Medical Exercise Training to cure high blood pressure is the better choice because most prescription medicines used to treat high blood pressure have serious side effects. Some of the common side effects are as follows.
- Diuretics – Excessive urination, weakness and leg cramps
- Beta Blockers – Asthma symptoms, insomnia, depression and erection problems.
- Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors – Chronic hacking cough, skin rashing, dizziness
- Calcium Channel Blockers – Constipation, headaches, swollen feet and ankles.
- Alpha Beta Blockers – Orthostatic hypotension, dizziness, weakness.
It would be foolish to subject yourself to the potential side effects of these prescription medicines. I have personally seen it impose serious problems with people’s energy levels. This in it self can effect work performance, and your desire to engage in physical and social activities. A slippery slope towards the wheel chair!
Medical Exercise Training to cure high blood pressure should be carefully designed by a qualified Medical Exercise Specialist. Why? Because random application of exercise can be harmful if done too hastily and without proper build up. The Department of Health and Human Services recommends getting in 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity per week. Do you know what that means and what your heart rate zones should be? If you over serve your body you risk stroke or cardiac arrest. Find a qualified Medical Exercise Specialist and work your aerobic zones correctly. Case closed.
The Department of Health and Human Services also recommends incorporating resistance weight training for all muscle groups twice per week. Although this is not a problem for the apparently healthy individual it could have disastrous effects on the individual with high blood pressure. Weight training can induce a dramatic spike if your loads are too high and you don’t control your breathing dynamics. I have experienced people pass out on gym floors or complain of chest pain. After talking to them, it was revealed they had high blood pressure which they were attempting to self manage.
What you can take away from this is the following:
- You have a dangerous disease known as high blood pressure or hypertension. If left untreated will lead to a stroke or a cerebral vascular accident.
- You have two choice for treatment. One is simple and prolongs life expectancy, the other hammers on your health and decreases life expectancy.
- Anything good in life requires a bit of work. Or you can be complacent start pill popping and live and pay the devil later.
- A great Medical Exercise Specialist can cure high blood pressure, do cardiac rehab, and help individuals with a host of maladies. Go find yourself one and have them help you change your life for the better!
Rivak Hoffman is an Arizona Personal Trainer with a Speciality in Medical Exercise training and Post Rehab Conditioning. He is an Avid writer and crusader advocating total health through well designed fitness and nutrition. He is the proud owner of Every Bit Fit Arizona LLC in beautiful Mesa Arizona. For more information on Medical Exercise Services available to you click on the link above.